Saturday, March 15, 2008

Flashback Friday



















I have been feeling VERY thankful lately for so many things. I truly feel so blessed to have a happy marriage to an amazing guy, a husband with a good job, a beautiful house, three happy and healthy kids and thankful for my own health. There are alot of people in our ward and area losing houses and jobs, getting divorced and burdened with heavy, heavy trials. It makes my trials seem close to nothing. I am amazed each day at the"Tender Mercies" in my life. The Lord truly knows my needs and my desires.
We just had some friends from dental school (Brad and Tracee Walker) come check out AZ and get a feel for the area. As we were talking about where to live and jobs. I reflected upon our same decision two years ago. Our Senior year in dental school praying so dang hard for direction of where the heck we should move our little family. I remember I was so nervous about making friends and starting all over again. We had such DEAR friends in school and I was so sad to leave them behind.Arizona seems to be the place with both felt good about and everything started falling into place-job,home,etc. Our first morning in AZ we get a knock on our door and it is my sweet neighbor Brigett with warm muffins welcoming us. She walked in with three little kids just our kids ages and we hit it off instantly. I knew my prayers had been answered, a "tender mercy"in my life to be blessed with the greatest neighbors, neighborhood and ward. I have been blessed with such amazing friends in my life who have all enriched my life significantly. So to all my friends-thanks for the good times, good laughs and good memories! This picture is of my last Bunco in Ohio (the whale in the picture is me 9 months pregnant)

14 comments:

Haley said...

Whale nothing!
I know what you mean about totally starting over, Cleveland was such a fun place with wonderful people and friends. But now we know people all over the USA, don't you love it?!
Miss you guys...

Shanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanna said...

Oh that's such nice things to read. You are so cute Katie. I have always had that fear of having to move away and having to meet new friends. I know that the people you meet away from Utah at least in my sisters experieces have been their best friends for years. I am kind of excited to move away and meet new people.

Shanna said...

and by the way... you look so great in that picture. seriously, I didn't even notice until I read that last part. You look great!

Laura said...

Such a fun picture! I am so glad your experience in AZ is good. We are getting ready to move down there soon and I am so scared and excited all at the same time. I hope we made the right decision too! :)

Bryn said...

I feel all those same things about neighbors and the ward. I remember you in the Target parking lot yelling my name and stopping to chat with me a few weeks after I moved here. Your post was so well written. Oh, and you a "whale" at 9 months pregnant...I don't think so!!!

Anonymous said...

why are you so cute pregnant!?! I am jealous- I'm a whale!! cute group of friends!

Bridget said...

I am so glad you moved here. You are awesome... By the way what the heck, you didn't tell me you were going to Utah... MISS YOU!!!!

P.S. Cute little pregnant belly!!!

adrianne s. said...

I remember this night and seeing the picture makes me all nostalgic. I've never seen anyone look so good pregnant- You really should do it more often!!!!

The Larsons said...

I totally miss Cleveland, but I am so glad you have found fun friends in AZ! I don't think we realized how good we had it in Cleveland. I miss all these girls!

The Bentley's said...

cute katie! it's so easy sometimes to get overwhelmed with all the things you don't have so it's nice to be reminded to sit back and see all the things you do have and be thankful! thanks, i needed that!

Sue said...

Whale? You're smaller at nine months than I was a four.
Moving to Cleveland was one of the best things that ever happened to me. So many great friends that I'd never have had if it weren't for dental school.

510Jen said...

Oh man I loved this post. I loved CLeveland too. It was the best four years of my life and I fortunately have been blessed here in Iowa. I am so excited for our next adventure especially because we are going to be in sunny AZ with you! Thank you Bridgette for being such a fun neighbor for Katie.

Sheba Price said...

I will never forget the first time we met Katie! I played the "do you know" game and you knew my hubby's cousin, Kar! It is a small world after all!

That is a fun picture and you look so dang cute! You could NEVER look like a whale! PLEASE! ;)