Thursday, August 28, 2008

"You look like CRAP!"

I never in a million years would think that someone would tell me to my face I look like crap. YES -it happen today while checking out at Wal-mart. This sweet looking 70 year old woman asked if I was having a girl. I beamed and said yes. She told me she could just tell and then proceeded to say,"You aren't going to like this but.... you look like crap.Your face is sunken in, you are not beaming like you would be if you were carrying a boy and you look really worn out. Girls just take alot out of you-I know cause I have girls." I could not believe my ears, so in shock I just nodded and smiled back. I did manage to tell her I did not an ounce of makeup on(I don't know why, maybe just to make myself feel better.) Then grabbed my bags, told her thank you and walked out. I've been told lots of things when pregnant but never that I flat out "Look like Crap!" What a way to make you feel SO good about your growing belly!!

11 comments:

Haley said...

Are you back in Cleveland??? I would expect that from there...

Unknown said...

Don't worry we have received some sort of mean comment at some point or another. With Robby I had a lady at a nail salon telling me that she couldn't believe I wasn't have twins because I was "so big".

wurstens5 said...

Got to love old ladys. Believe me, I wish I could look like you at 6 months. I love Scottsdale we went there for part of our honeymoon. It was VERY hot, but we loved the area.

Anonymous said...

You should have told her, "Wow, that's a crazy coincidence, because I was just thinking that you looked really, really, REALLY OLD and saggy."

You're hot, and everyone knows it! ;)

Jen and Bryan said...

You know, I have thought that so many times about you... now I know what your reaction would be so I won't say it. ;)
You should have asked HER how far along she was in her pregnancy and that you couldn't believe someone as old as her could get pregnant. That would have showed her!

Morgan Greaves said...

You..look like crap? Find that hard to believe!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I certainly hope you didn't believe her! You are beautiful and even more gorgeous when you are pregnant.

heidi said...

wow, i'm so sorry! mean old lady! hey! i blog hopped into your blog! hope you don't mind! it's super cute! -heidi (our kids had swim lessons together!)

Bryn said...

You soooo don't look like crap! What is with people these days? Some crazy senior citizen called my baby a "screaming brat" the other day at Costco!! The nerve of some people! You look great so don't think differently for one second!!!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

There is no way you could EVER look like crap. She must be a bit crazy in the head. I've seen you pregnant and you "beam" all the time!

thekerrclan said...

If I could look like you pregnant...I'd be happy to look like crap any day! (My) Cannon likes to tell me I don't look a day past 25. The other day (first day of school, no less) he said, "Mom, you look a lot like you are past 25 today. Sensitivity training...here we come.

I do agree with that lady on one thing though...girls take a lot out of you!