Mom and I watching the sunset on their mountain-oh so pretty
I took a quick weekend trip to Utah to see my parents. Brinklee accompanied me since she still flies free. Everyone else was so sad they couldn't go see Papa and Gram-Z but it made it better when I told them they will see ALL the Whettens for Uncle Brian's wedding in a few weeks. So off we went while Nate held down the fort here. He's such a great dad. He took them to the Zoo to play in the splash pads and even managed to keep the house clean--thanks hon!
There's something about going home and spending time with my parents that I cherish. I love being in their presence and learning from them both. They are such amazing people and I am proud to call them my mom and dad. Ping and David -my parents good friends from China were staying with my parents for a few days till they go back to China. They have become a big part of our family over the last year and we are all going to miss them. David who is 7, spent hours drawing us clues for a scavenger hunt. He gave us each our clue, counted down from 5 and then we all ran to find our treasure. My clue was, "Between something black" and when I found it, this is what it said:
"Dear Katie-
You are a wonderful women and a very good mom to Brinklee. I love you very much that I would rather to be your boyfriend. I love your baby Brinklee very much and I want to merry her when I grow up. "
Love-David
I laughed so hard. This kid is full of everything good! Love him.
I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to but I did get to see Aly and Jen, both dental school friends that I love dearly. It's been along time since I've seen Jen, probably 2 years. So glad they have moved back so I can see her more. We went shopping and then hit Cafe Rio. It was great spending extra time with Aly while she drove me to the airport. Even though we had to shout back and forth to each other to hear over the LOUD movie ( I've discovered Bryton is like Maycee-they both like to have music and movies up so loud that their ear drums are ringing!) it was worth it just to be with her!
Till we meet again Utah. I'll be back again soon for Brian and Nicole's reception. Oh, how I love reasons to come back home!





7 comments:
I love your little scavenger hunt letter!! What a crack up! How fun to see old friends and family! I am missing all that right now, but hopefully soon!
So glad I could see you and hang out for an afternoon. Miss you tons. Your little Brinklee is a dolly.
I'm dying that I didn't get to see you and Brinklee!! I actually lost my phone up at my mom's cabin, and haven't had one since! I ended up staying a day longer with my kids just so I could keep looking for it...but didn't have any luck (I think it got thrown away by accident). Andy said my new one should be in tomorrow. So, I need you to text me or call me with your # again. I'm so mad this happened the weekend you were up here! I'll talk to you soon.
.+6+
Oh, wish I were there soooooooo bad. love that you got to see everyone for a day. Can't wait for my visit in NOV. MIss you girl.
Sooo glad we got to be together! Let me know how the brows and lashes come! I love you girl, and miss ya already! Bryton says he wants to go to Katies airport somtime and get on her plane to come see you at your house. Wow wish I was like you and had an airport with a plane!
I would fly up to utah to see your parents! I love that zippy! What a fun trip. And to top it off - cafe rio and a love note! what gets better than that!
Post a Comment