
Came across this old picture today. It seems like yesterday I only had two kids and life was simple. We were living in Cleveland, Nate was in his second year of dental school, SO poor, two little monkeys running around, playgroups, story time at the library and daily walks down the tree lined streets where you couldn't even see the sky the branches were so big. I miss those days. There were many days I couldn't wait to be done with school, live closer to family again, have a job and just not be living in Cleveland . Now I have many days I miss it and want to go back. It was such an Adventure. I think for Nate and I, it was the best things we've ever done ...move away and be completly on our own for 4 years. I will always treasure those SWEET times...always





11 comments:
oh my goodness look at those two! they were so cute even then. i know what you mean about missing old times. so often we look for the next great stage only to find the one we were in was great. i'm glad you guys found your way here though! :)
So very cute. It's always fun to look back on times.
I remember seeing you guys either just before or just after Brynn was born. The kids were about that same size and so darling! I have to say that moving away and being on your own is a wonderful thing to do. It is SO HARD to be far away from family and that support system, but it also helps you grow as individuals and as a family unit when you have to learn to depend on only each other and then with the addition of new friends. Especially those who have no idea who your families are and have no preconceived notions about what you should be like.
HOw cute were they!!! I need to remember to slow down and remember they are only young for a short time.
I miss those Cleveland days, too! Thanks for being such a fun friend and good example. I always looked up to you and so many others of our "dental" friends (and medical) who seemed to have it all together. Your kids are sure cuties! I can't believe you have four now! We hope we can see you all someday!
I was totally just talking about the tree lawn the other day as I was repainting a hutch (again) that I got from that and, believe it or not, still own!
that is soooo true!!! I miss Cleveland!@!! who thought i would ever say that!! I was so anxious to just leave, I wish now I would have anjoyed it even more than I did! the best friends/experiences ever. Life will never be like that again! How sweet.
Ditto! Love you!
LOVE the picture! I don't think I've been away from Cleveland long enough to miss it yet... it's nice to know that MAYBE someday I will. Right now I'm just looking forward to winter WITHOUT snow
Oh reading that little diddy makes me so sad! I will always hold those precious memories we made in Cleveland with you sooo close to my heart! Sounds cheesy but I will always love that place!(even though at the time I was cursing anything Cleveland):( Love you and enjoyed the visit this week! Give those kiddos loves.
What neat memories!
Post a Comment