Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christmas Part 3





















We spent Christmas with Grandma Linda this year. We knew after Grandpa Thom died we needed to be there to keep her company. There was definetly a hole this Christmas. A somber feeling over everyone. We all miss Grandpa ALOT. The ONE tradition the Budges have is Christmas breakfast. Thom would make breakfast for all his family at the Budge home. It started 40+ years ago and EVERY year Thom made his famous pancakes and eggs with spam(Yes, I said spam not ham. Don't ask!). After he died all the siblings decided to keep the tradition alive. Watching Nate make pancakes Christmas morning brought tears to my eyes. It should of been someone else making them but I'm grateful for a good husband who took over the role, doing it for his sweet Dad.

The kids had a great Christmas. Santa has decided Christmas not in your own home is ALOT of work. Easton's favorite gifts -DS games, Star Wars Legos and Transformers/ Maycee-clothes, doll house stuff, watch, nails/ Cannon-GUM, frisbee, Razor Scooter and more CANDY!/ Brinklee-LOVED the wrapping paper and her new cell phone and diaper! The highlight of our Christmas was being with cousins and playing in the SNOW. The kids loved bundling up and going outside to play in the "white-stuff!" My highlight was being COLD and drinking hot chocolate-lots of it!!! I LOVE Stephens hot chocolate. My mom always gives us some for Christmas but in Arizona we don't drink it cause of obvious reasons. So to bust out my Stephens was a sure treat for me! Merry Christmas 2009

8 comments:

Trisha said...

It was so great to see you all. Your post brought tears to my eyes as I reflected on the years I have been so lucky to be involved with the Budge family Christmas breakfast. It was still a success, but definately not the same. We love you guys!
Oh, the kids still ask frequently when we get to go visit Dad's cousin in Arizona again. :)

The Larsons said...

Loved all the Christmas posts! Looks like you guys had a fun/busy Christmas, and so fun to see all the family you got to see. Katie, how do you manage to always look SO beautiful - even in your pajamas! Brinklee is the cutest baby I think I've ever seen, btw.

Heidi said...

Cute, cute pictures of your cute, cute family! Sure love and miss you and let's skype again soon! xoxo

rachel said...

Hey I am showing Christopher all these pictures and its so funny how they are so far away from each other but are still so similar. He loved seeing your christmas gifts and being like hey we do the same things. Then he asked when are we going to see those guys again? So this year we have got to get together I can't believe its really been four years. Crazy how to time fly's. looks like Christmas was a blast.

tjayandjulie said...

LUCKY!!! Three Christmas parties!!

Aly G said...

Fun pics! Looks like you had a blast with the cousins! I bet Nates mom was so grateful you guys came even though the packing was not so great! Love ya!

Elder Turner said...

oh katie, i am so sorry!! it was that way for our family too when my dad passed. it's been 3 years now, and there is still a whole. a space that cant be filled. but i do have to say as time goes on the lord brings peace and joy again. i do hope you all had a sweet time!

It's Been a Day! said...

what a fun holiday you guys had! you are a great mom katie. your kids are so cute! i'm jealous with how much family you guys got to see over the holidays!