Thursday, July 24, 2008

We did it.. I did it!!






Well we did it. We went camping! And I will admit we had a GREAT time. Our kids are already planning our next trip.Nate came home, got his fishing licences, bought more camping gear and wants to go back this weekend! I told him we need to buy a camper! Let me start at thebeginning- Saturday driving home from Costco Nate said, "Let's go camping!" I just laughed not thinking he was serious. Easton and Maycee were so excited and back their bags in a matter of seconds. We drove up to Globe, which is an hour away. Nate wanted to take us where they had fathers and Sons. On the way up we saw a rainbow and it was sprinkling. We started praying really hard it wouldn' t rain on us! The camp ground was pretty crowded so we decided to keep driving to the next site. We are so glad we did cause it was BEAUTIFUL and on top of the mountain over looking the whole valley. We started setting up camp and the clouds came in as the sun was setting-we snapped a fast shot. It was so cool. We roasted hot dogs and ate some grub. The kids had fun exploring and collecting sticks for the fire. It started raining as we were roasting marshmellows. Into the tent we went and watched Toy Story2. It rained all night, it was cold, we ALL ended up on our queen size air-mattress snuggled together, someone was playing music till I don't know what time and I kept thinking someone was outside our tent all night. So our night was a little crazy with little sleep but good memories. I told my parents we went camping and they were so proud of me! I'm pretty proud of myself as well. Next time I will bring my own air mattress though!

7 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm very impressed. mostly because you are wearing sweatshirts, in the middle of the summer, in arizona. i'm very jealous!! way to go on the camping.

Megan R. said...

i'm proud of you too. Sounds like fun. I'm not much of a camper but i have wanted to take my kids. Also very impressed you went camping pregnant. :)

The Hokanson Family said...

How fun! I used to love camping. I still like it, if I have a nice bathroom close by, and some source of heat...those nights when everyone is freezing makes it hard. But like you said, you made a great memory for your kids, and that's what matters most.

Morgan Greaves said...

You are so funny Katie..way to go! Sounds like it was crazy but fun!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love that they are roasting a chocolate muffin! Sounds like fun...wow you make camping sound like fun!

Growin' Like Weeds said...

I love spur of the moment trips. Sometimes those are the best.

I feeling the same way about pregnancy too. all of a sudden I feel like a whale.

Anonymous said...

good job! I have to be a camper because my husband loves it! I much prefer room service and a bed!