Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blessing Day




Brinklee was blessed on January 4. She was blessed in a 100 year old dress my Great-Grandmother made for my Grandma Kate. Maycee was blessed in it, all my nieces, me and my sister, my dad and his brother and my grandma. It is the sweetest dress that hangs in a shadow box at my moms house. Right after sacrament I changed her into her own dress. Nate did such a great job. He is such a stud of a dad. I am only posting a few pictures because I was such an emotional mess all day and I look a little scary to say the least. This baby girl has brought the sweetest spirit into our home. We are in love!

15 comments:

Sarah said...

what a sweet little family you have. She is just so adorable and makes me excited to get 'my" baby here- 3 weeks and counting. Love the dress and the flower headband. miss you like crazy.

The Hokanson Family said...

Precious! She looks beautiful, as does her mother. :) Love ya Katie!

YULIA said...

So cute! What a beautiful family!
Derek and Yulia Phelps

The Larsons said...

What a neat thing to be blessed in such a heirloom! SO neat. Congrats to you guys and such a beautiful family you have. I know what you mean about emotional... I never cried until I became a mother. And, especially on such occasions as this. How lucky we truly are (although I don't feel "lucky" all the time!).

The Young Family Inc. said...

What a neat thing to be able to pass on thru the generations of lovely girls in your family!

Katie- you are ALWAYS beautiful! I KNOW you could NEVER be scary.

LOVE you all!

rachel said...

I am so happy for you guys. What a sweet fun experience. So neat to have those traditions and what a heritage of faith. You looked great I don't know what you were talking about. Can Katie look bad. You always look great. So glad you had a great blessing day.

Bridget said...

I love her dress! She looked so pretty.

It's Been a Day! said...

She looks beautiful. That's a great family picture. I remember seeing Maycee blessed in that dress. What a great tradition.

wurstens5 said...

So cute, I love the dress. She is a cutie. Any St. george marathons this year.

510Jen said...

So sweet. What a beautiful family you have.

Love the heirloom.

Laighton and Katie said...

Hey Katie,
I finally found your blog again. What a sweet baby girl! Her dress is beautiful!!

Aly G said...

What a fun day! So glad your fam could be there. I can't believe how LONG your hair is! i knew it was long, but it is really long, love it. Aly

tjayandjulie said...

She's absolutely beautiful!

candice said...

That is SO cool about the blessing dress. WOW. So neat.

You never look bad Katie!! You look adorable. Glad you had a nice day. Oh, and I love your necklace. :)

[S Rizzle] said...

Katie. YOu are crazy. You don't look like a scary mess at all. You look beautiful and radiant. There, my mom just came out. Doesn't that sound like Lynn I?!
Seriously. You look so HAPPY and that is the point!